The Residency Program supports artists in providing community-based, participatory projects in self-selected non-arts venues throughout the City of Los Angeles in order to gather, connect, and inspire audiences with underserved or little exposure to artistic and cultural opportunities. Residency projects engage participants in a series of artist-led workshops that are highly participatory and/or educational, and which match thoughtful and meaningful exchanges with appropriate audiences at host organizations in each City Council District.
- To supply creative resources to under-served communities by providing direct and intimate access to contemporary artists, their creative ideas, and innovative services
- To support the implementation of educational and participatory arts residencies by a spectrum of the City’s most qualified teaching-artists
- To provide host organization’s with little or no arts programming with opportunities to test or develop new services, and envision the integration of either an artist employee or a new branch of programs into its core services
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM WORKSHOPS
A series of online webinar workshops will be available from late September through early October.
- Application guidelines and forms are published online in the first week of September
- Deadline to submit a proposal is the fourth Friday in October
- Applicants will receive notification in May of the follow year on the result of their proposal