Administered by the Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI), with collaborative support from the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) and the Roy & Patricia Disney Family Foundation, the Creative Economic Development Fund (CEDF) is a funding opportunity for projects that will help launch startup ventures or expand micro-sized creative enterprises with five or fewer employees.
- The objective is to support creative enterprises that will have a positive economic development impact in the City of Los Angeles.
- The partnership will provide grants to independent businesses, self-employed artists or cultural producers, artist collectives, or nonprofit organizations with earned income activities that use commercial strategies in pursuit of an arts or cultural mission.
- Priority consideration will be given to enterprises and their projects that will benefit economically-disadvantaged communities or impact the thoroughfares of the City’s Great Streets Initiative.
- Guidelines issued: February 1, 2018
- Project start date: June 15, 2018
The Creative Economic Development Fund online application can be accessed at: https://ccigrants.cgweb.org/. Applications will be accepted online ONLY through CCI’s GO™ system.