DCA’s Organizational Grant Program invests in:
- Festival collaborations between community service organizations and local arts organizations.
- Nonprofit arts organization administrative operation projects.
- Nonprofit arts organization creative projects which result in measurable sets of business/networking activities.
- Culture/history presentations, dance concerts or classes, design/visual art exhibitions or museum projects.
- Literature or publishing projects, media activities or presentations, or music concerts or classes.
- Outdoor festivals or parades, theatrical workshops or productions, traditional/folk arts activities or presentations, and/or multi-disciplinary arts activities.
- All DCA grant-funded services must support or culminate in activities which are free or low-cost and open/accessible to community audiences and city visitors.
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations with a primary purpose to provide arts/cultural services, or a charitable organization [such as a 501(c)6] that will partner with one or more arts partners to present an outdoor festival or parade.
- Emphasize arts/culture in its mission statement (unless collaborating with an arts partner for an outdoor festival or parade).
- Are headquartered in Los Angeles County and understand that the project for which they are requesting funding will operate within the City of Los Angeles boundaries.
- Have a minimum of one year of prior art programming within the City of LA.
- Fulfill the additional qualifications for the category in which the organization applies.
ONLINE WEBINAR WORKSHOPS
A series of free online webinars are available to provide assistance to applicants.
Webinar space is limited to 30 participants per webinar and RSVPs are required at least two business days in advance.
- Opens Monday, July 16, 2018.
- Deadline to apply is August 24, 2018.
- Grant activity/projects should take place between July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020.
- May/June 2019: Applicants will receive notification of results.