Echo Park Film Center is a non-profit media arts organization located in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles. We provide equal and affordable access to film/video education and resources via:
- a community micro-cinema and meeting space
- free and nominal cost media arts education programs
- a comprehensive small format film equipment and service department
- a green-energy mobile cinema/film school
- an international touring festival showcasing local established and emerging filmmakers
We feel it is imperative that more members of marginalized communities become active participants in the creation and dissemination of experimental and documentary film in order to truly share the many powerful voices and visions that make up the fabric of contemporary life. With a special focus on “at risk” youth, EPFC programs and services use cinema as catalyst to inspire, educate, and empower communities.